This blog is about how I became a step-mother and lessons I have learned. Here I discuss what I learned, what I thought I knew and how wrong I truly was. I can only hope that this blog will help other step-mothers realize, it is ok to feel like a selfish brat. It is ok to feel the pain and scream in agony, as long as you are willing to come out on the other side..... Someday.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

What harm could come?

Here I am thinking back again... to when it all started.

So there I sat. New wife in her new life dreaming my new found life. I had it all planned out. Of course I had to go back to the drawing board after the whole, "Hi my name is and by the way I have a kid", thing. But hey I was resilient I could easily bounce back from this right?

Seriously what harm could possibly come from this? She wasn't in the picture and hasn't been for some time. Her mother keeps her distance, actually they haven't seen each other face to face in years. So really how hard could it be. The only thing I had to make a bit of an adjustment to was money. I might have to rethink the picket fence and possibly go with chain link? But that should be it, I had not gotten into the details with my new love about the exact amount, but I was sure it wasn't too bad. I thought to myself how much could child support really be for one little person. She was just a child, no college costs or anything yet.

HOLY CRAP! that much?

Ok I have just downgraded from a chain link fence to a house with bars on the windows and one room. I am not liking this feeling that is starting to take control.. So begs another question..


What do I do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Powered by FeedBurner

The content on this page may not be edited or re-transmitted without written permission of the author.